The Federal Road Safety Corps (FRSC) has confirmed the death of five persons in an accident that occurred on the Lagos-Ibadan expressway on Sunday, December 31. The information said 13 others sustained injuries.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Clement Oladele, the Ogun sector commander of FRSC, said this in Ota, that the accident occurred at Wazobia, at about 9am.
According to Oladele, two vehicles and eighteen persons were involved in the accident that resulted in the fatality.
He explained that a commercial bus with registration number MGD 129 ZF coming from Ibadan to Lagos, lost control and veered off the road, colliding with a trailer with registration number DDA 121 XA that was parked by the road side.
He said: “The corpses of the victims had been deposited at the mortuary in Ipara General Hospital, while the survivors are also receiving treatment at Sagamu and Victory Hospital, Ogere.’’
Oladele said that the driver of the commercial bus absconded immediately after the accident occurred.
PAY ATTENTION: Read the news on Nigeria’s #1 new app
NAIJ.com learnt that the driver is currently being hunted for to face the law over careless driving.
NAIJ.com earlier reported how Rotimi Amaechi, the minister of transportation, on Tuesday, December 12, said the Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge rail line would be completed in December 2018.
The minister made this known while inspecting the ongoing Lagos-Ibadan standard gauge rail line in Papalanto, Ogun state.
But by the grace of God we all are going to see the forth coming year and be fruitful in it.