The management of the National Youth Service Corps has released its mobilization timetable for 2017, batch B corps members. From this article, you will find out all the fresh requirements for the NYSC 2017 batch B registration process. Check out the full list released to help graduates prepare for the exercise.
Requirements for NYSC registration
To become a part of the National Youth Service Corps program for 2017, you have to meet the following requirements…..
- Candidates are to provide working e-mail addresses and valid phone numbers (Nigerian operators only) for registration.
- Candidates who graduated from Nigerian institutions must use the correct matriculation numbers when registering.
- If you graduated from a Nigerian institution, you will only be able to register for the 2017 NYSC program on the online portal if your name is included in the approved list based on the results of the Academic Board/Senate of your school; this list should be provided by your institution.
- Foreign candidates must confirm the accreditation of their educational institutions. If there are any doubts concerning this, the Federal Ministry of Education which carries out such checks can be consulted for a confirmation letter which you must attach during registration.
- Under no circumstances should you register by PROXY. Also, remember which fingers were used for biometric capture. They will be needed for verification in the Orientation Camp. If you fail to pass a biometric check in the camp, this will hinder your successful registration.
- If you want your personal number sent to your phone via SMS and to print your NYSC 2017 invitation letters online, you will need to make some payments. The official website contains the details of the payment process. If you already paid for registration on the website, but mobilization has not yet occurred, there is no need to pay again.
- Married women must provide copies of name change, marriage certificates and husband’s place of residence at the time of registration.
- Nursing mother or pregnant woman are also not allowed at the Orientation Camp. They might need to secure accommodation independently.
- If you studied at a foreign school, you will need to provide the following during registration;
- WASC certificate or its equivalent. A minimum of 5 credits (in two sittings). You can also provide a GCE or NECO certificate with the same number of credits.
- You will need to proffer your HND or confirmation of your First Degree.
- Prepare a transcript of your HND/ First Degree.
- Copy of Data Page on your International passport.
- If your transcripts and certificates were issued in a different language, you are to translate them into English.
- Graduates specializing in radiology, veterinary, general medicine, laboratory, physiotherapy, and pharmaceuticals should provide certificates that confirm registration in their professional institutions.
Some new rules were also introduced. For example, graduates of foreign schools don’t need to come to the headquarters in Abuja to undergo document verification. This is now being done at the Orientation Camps. You just need to print the call-up letter online and take it to camp. Also bring along the other documents. Note that you will be demobilized if you offer fake or dishonest information. Your passport photos must meet the following standards;
- Nose, chin, ears, mouth, eyes should be fully visible.
- Your face should be in the centre and fill up enough space.
- The background should be white or very light without shadows.
As you can see, there are no difficulties with NYSC registration for batch B 2017. Just keep these recommendations in mind and you shouldn’t have a problem.
Thanks for your Patronage….
To begin Click Here….